#21 Whining About Their "Rights"


"Animal-rights supporters seem to care about animals to the exclusion of people."
Meat people tend to say this, especially when animal advocates object to something the meat peep wants to do. It doesn't really make sense. It's much like a claim that women's rights come at the expense of men's rights or that rights for people of color come at the expense of while people's rights. But meat people claim it anyway.

The meat people may as well say:
"Wah! But I want to eat abused chickens and test household cleaners on rabbits! Wah! But I want to watch terrified monkeys dance around on TV! Wah! But I want to snort elephant tusks to make my penis larger. Wah! But I want to beat my dog and poison pigeons. Wah! But I want to skin foxes and minks alive and wear them. Wah! But I want to chase a pet pig around an enclosed area and shoot it with a handgun in a canned hunt. Wah! But I want to smuggle exotic birds into the US. Wah! But I want to sell live turtles on the street to children who will abuse and kill them. Wah! But I want to grind up baby chicks for petfood and fertilizer. Wah! But I want to watch small men ride horses around in a circle really fast. Wah! But I want to harpoon giant whales and slaughter dolphins. Wah! But I want to butcher wild kangaroos and buffaloes. Wah! Wah! Wah! Those animal rights people don't care about me and my rights! Wah!"